Issues with Service Manager DW are very common and hard to troubleshoot because you do not want to break the DW where you keep all your data. There is a knowledge base article from Microsoft released a day ago to help you with the issue described in it. You can find it here.
Like every software VMM can also have bugs and crash. In such situation debug logging is the way to find the culprit. To find out how to enable debug logging for VMM click here.
Sometimes live migration job can take longer than 30 minutes depending on the virtual machine you migrate and the network. If the job passes 30 min limit that job is terminated. Of course if you have such long jobs you can actually increase that time out value. To find out how look here.
If you are supporting VMM 2012 error 2606 can be seen quite often especially with a lot of VMM users. You can find how to troubleshoot it here.
The 7th Cumulative Update for SCOM 2007 R2 was released. It is still unclear what fixes will propose this update as the knowledge base article which suppose to be here is still not uploaded. What is certain that this update fixes a security vulnerability: MS13-003: Vulnerabilities in System Center Operations Manager could allow elevation of privilege. The update itself you can download from here. I will keep monitoring if the knowledge base article is uploaded.
Knowledge article was uploaded and here are the fixes provided in this update:
Cumulative Update 7 for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 fixes the following issues:
- Console performs poorly when User Roles are used to scope object access.
- Availability data is not shown for the current day when daily aggregation is used.
- Behavior is inconsistent between some views on web console and console.
- Log files do not roll over when the Unicode log file is monitored.
- Several security issues are fixed.
Cumulative Update 7 for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 fixes the following cross-platform issues:
- Logical disk performance statistics are not collected for some volume types on Solaris computers.
- Some Network Adapters on HP-UX computers may not be discovered.
- Network adapter performance statistics are not collected for HP-UX network adapters.
- The Solaris 8 and 9 agent may not restart after an ungraceful shutdown.
Microsoft published a very useful article on how we can fine-tune Hyper-V Replica if we face performance problems. I suggest if to try changing these registry keys only if you face some performance problems. If everything is working smoothly better not touch them. The article is located here.
Microsoft released a very helpful article on how you can remove connectors from SCOM 2007 R2. Actually to do that they provided a PowerShell script. The knowledge base article is located here.