I am open sourcing download the script that I’ve created for downloading all Microsoft SCOM MPs. Open sourcing is meant to be a joke of course. It is a script with code that is available for viewing and changing as whatever serves your purpose since its creation. The difference is that I am moving to GitHub so it will be easier for contribution by all. There is not new version but you can find all code here. The TechNet gallery page will be left as placeholder but will not contain the script anymore. You can find a link to GitHub repository there as well. I hope this change is welcome.
So after the release of 3.0 at the beginning of week there were some comments of desired features and bugs reported. I’ve sent those to Damian and as he is working on fast release cadence a new version is now ready to address those comment. Additionally we are including another friend and fellow MVP Cameron Fuller to the authors. We are now on version 3.0.1 with the following changes: Continue reading “Version 3.0.1 of THE MVP Script to Download All SCOM Management Packs with PowerShell”
This blog post is to inform you that several MPs have been updated with some important fixes/features. You can find all the information here.
My personal best improvement is:
- Add Task launch PowerShell session on the remote machine for All Computers
So my good friend Damian Flynn and fellow MVP has decided to bring this script to another level by making more like PowerShell module than only script. The result is cleaner code and some parts can be reused. You can find the new version here. Some of the changes include:
- Refactored the script to a powershell module, and split the code into functions to ease support and prepare for some automation 😉
- added Write-CMTraceLog – to enabled it execute Get-SCOMManagementPacks –CMTrace
- removed two download links that are incorrectly gathered at the beginning
I hope you will like these improvements. Leave any feedback on the TechNet Gallery page. This is why community rocks. Expect more from Damian on this topic.
While I was on vacation UR3 for System Center 2012 R2 and Windows Azure Pack was released. In this release the following components were up for update: Continue reading “Tips From the Field: Applying Update Rollup 3 to System Center 2012 R2 and Windows Azure Pack”
Today we see some MPs being updated and some new ones released all related to SQL:
- Updated: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server (2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005)
- Updated: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2014
- New: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (Native Mode)
- New: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (Native Mode)
- New: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services (Native Mode)