If you are designing Public, Private or Hybrid Cloud based on Windows Server 2012 and System Center 2012 SP1 this set of documents will be very useful for a starting point. They will offer you the basics you will need in order to design your Cloud and take the necessary decisions. Download all 4 documents from here.
This very useful document was updated to reflect SP1 of SCOM 2012. You can check the supported devices for monitoring here.
I think many of us have faced the challenge to make the design of SQL for their System Center components. Even though we have knowledge of SQL at some certain level we are not hardcore experts in it. Thanks to Paul Keely a Microsoft MVP we now have some guides on dealing with SQL for System Center. You can download his guide
“SQL Server guide for System Center 2012” which for SQL 2008 R2 but there is no reason to use the same tips for SQL 2012.
Specification for PowerShell 3.0 is available for download in a form of docx file.
With System Center 2012 the different products of the family became components. This was not just changing of words. This change has the goal to tip that all components come in one license and that their integration is way better compared to the previous versions. To help us leverage that integration community project created Integration guides for System Center 2012 components:
The purpose of the Integration Guide is to provide an overview of each System Center component in its role as a programmable platform to be leveraged for the Microsoft Private Cloud. It is intended to provide an abstraction layer that guides partners and customers on their decision process for methods to build automated solutions across System Center components and between System Center and other systems.
- System Center 2012 Integration Guide – Operations Manager
- System Center 2012 Integration Guide – Orchestrator
- System Center 2012 Integration Guide – Data Protection Manager
- System Center 2012 Integration Guide – Service Manager
- System Center 2012 Integration Guide – Virtual Machine Manager
The final version of Infrastructure and planning guide for System Center 2012 Operations Manager is available for download. The guide will help to architect and design you SCOM 2012 infrastructure. Download is available here.
The Windows Server 2012 Core Network Guide provides instructions for planning and deploying the core components required for a fully functioning network and a new Active Directory® domain in a new forest. Using this guide, you can deploy computers configured with the following server roles and technologies:
· The Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) server role
· The Domain Name System (DNS) server role
· The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server role
· The Network Policy Server (NPS) role service of the Network Policy and Access Services server role
· The Web Server (IIS) server role
· TCP/IP connections on individual servers
This guide also serves as a foundation for companion guides that show you how to deploy additional technologies in Windows Server 2012.
Download the guide from here.