There is a new release on HPE Storage Integrations with Microsoft System Center. This new release is called OneView for System Center (OV4SC). It was formerly known as HP StoreFront Manager for System Center.
- This is a single integrated package for HP Storage and Server plugins for Microsoft System Center suite of products namely SCOM, SCVMM and SCCM. All the plugins are packaged and made available through the umbrella name of OV4SC.
HP OneView for Microsoft System Center provides seamless integration of unique HP ProLiant, HP BladeSystem, and HP Storage features into the Microsoft System Center consoles. Licensed as part of HP OneView, these extensions deliver:
• Comprehensive system health and alerting
• Configuration management
• Reliable OS deployment
• Remote control
• HP Virtual Connect fabric visualization
• Deep levels of HP hardware inventory
All of this is available in a flexible, easy-to-install package. By integrating the HP server and storage management features into Microsoft System Center console, administrators can gain greater control of their technology environments and take advantage of the deep insight and precise control provided by the HP integrations to Microsoft System Center. This provides consistency for software deployment and updates, and enables a faster response in the event of server failure, reducing the risk of downtime.
- This supports HPE OneView 1.2 and 2.0 releases and has a very tight integration with HP OneView in SCOM and SCVMM space.
HP OneView for Microsoft System Center is an essential infrastructure management platform that helps you unlock the potential of your HP ProLiant and HP BladeSystem servers when managed by Microsoft System Center. You can:
• Consistently and reliably deploy Hyper-V clusters while taking advantage of the automation engine of HP OneView
• Reduce remediation time significantly when problems arise with easily available solutions
• View physical and virtual relationships with a fabric view from the VM to the network edge
• Decrease administrator time spent on common maintenance tasks by automating updates of HP ProLiant and HP BladeSystem servers
HP storage management solutions
HP OneView for Microsoft System Center also includes powerful HP Storage management integrations for System Center. The HP Storage Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager integrates predefined discovery and state monitoring policies, event processing rules, and tasks. This comprehensive integration solution allows administrators to proactively streamline IT operations and increase system availability by monitoring Microsoft Windows® environments and HP storage products through a common System Center Operations Manager console.
The HP storage integrations for SCVMM enable enhanced integration of SCVMM and HP storage, providing a single-pane-of-glass monitoring view of physical, virtual, and cloud environments. It automates HP storage management and provides an integrated view of VMs and associated storage resources. HP storage supports all Storage Management Initiative Specification (SMI-S)-enabled functionality—storage discovery, storage classification, storage provisioning, and storage allocation.
What’s New in HP OneView for Microsoft System Center:
HP OneView for Microsoft System Center (OV4SC) provides the following additional HP Storage related features:
- Single integrated SCVMM Fabric Management & Storage Add-in
- Integrated installation – single master installer
- Single UI for credentials
- Views have a common look and feel
- Server Profile Template support
- FCOE Dual and Multi-hop Networks support
- Support for HP 3PAR OS 3.2.2
- VM deployment wizard – Simplified VM deployment utilizing the HP OneView resources
- Display Virtual Network Adapter and HP OneView Logical Interconnect information in the Host Details view
- HP OneView 2.0 Support
- Supports backward compatibility with one release back to work with HP OneView 1.20 API
- Support for reporting multiple Logical Interconnects per enclosure (Partially-stacked domains)
- Support for reporting new Logical Enclosure information
- HP OneView Management Pack for SCOM
- Updated to include server health monitoring to support ProLiant BL/DL servers (G6 to Gen9)
- Updated to include “Monitored” enclosure support
- Support for HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) 2015.10.0
- Update HP ProLiant Updates Catalog with latest firmware and drivers
- Update SCCM and SCVMM Integration kits with latest drivers
- HP Storage Management Pack for SCOM
- Support for HP 3PAR File Persona alerts
- Enhanced Alerts Dashboard for 3PAR StoreServ Systems
- Support for LeftHand OS 12.5
It is now available for download at HP OneView Partner integration page and HP Storage Integration with Microsoft System Center page.