So we have another Update Rollup available for System Center 2012 R2 and Azure Pack. This is the last one for the year. The main KB is here.
The following components are updated:
Along with some new features on some components there are also some important bugs fixed. I’ve managed to try updating SCOM, SCSM, SCSPF, VMM and WAP and here are some tips I have for you:
- After you apply SCVMM update you have to update the DHCP extension. In the KB you will find info where to find the extension. Remember that you will need to remove previous version and install the new one. That does not introduce downtime on VMs.
- When you update VMM there is a new version of the VMM Management Pack. You will find it in your VMM installation dir. In the KB it is not mention that you need to update the MPs but if you look what files are changed you will see the MPs listed.
- Remember to update your VMM console on other servers like SCSPF
- VMM update no longer requires running Script against the DB – Wooohoooo. I guess that is implemented in the update itself.
- Install the VMM console on the VMM server right after the update of VMM server update and after that start VMM server service.
- SCSM requires running PowerShell script after you apply the update. During running of that script your OM CI connector should be disabled. Take a look at the KB for details.
- SCOM still requires running scripts after you update you MG servers – one against the OperationsManagerDB and another on the OperationsManagerDW.
- For SCOM you will need to update some MPs also. Check the KB.
- There is update for Linux/Unix. Check KB.
- Now you can update your SCOM agents by just approving them in Pending Management in the console. With previous update rollups that was not possible.
- When you update SCSPF check your binding in for the SPF website in IIS. After the update I had two bindings which prevents from IIS website to start. You should delete one of them and on the other configure it with the certificate for your SPF server.
- WAP has a script that you will need to download and execute. That script updates the WAP databases. In the script you will need to provide name of your SQL server and SA credentials. Script is execute on a server where you have Mgmt-Svc-PowerShellAPI module. Check KB for details.
Hope this will be helpful for you.
- Service Provider Foundation
- Service Reporting
- System Center
- System Center Data Protection Manager
- System Center Operations Manager
- System Center Orchestrator
- System Center Service Manager
- System Center Service Provider Foundation
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Windows Azure Pack