After yesterday’s release of Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack I’ve managed to install it in a development environment. Here are the steps I’ve went trough:
1. Start installation and Accept License Agreement:
2. Choose installation location:
3. Import the installed MP into SCOM:
4. After the successful import you will start see you exchange servers appear in the default views:
5. After 5-10 minutes you will see all services appear as monitored:
So these are the steps. Pretty easy and simple. There are no special requirements or configurations. The MP uses the default action account for the monitoring and discovery.
Here are some of the bad news about this MP:
- I’ve received an error a couple of hours after the deployment. The error wasn’t very descriptive. It had only the error description and a link (to Technet Library) that you can visit to find more information. I couldn’t opened the link as the page still does not exists. I guess Microsoft still hasn’t uploaded all information about the MP in TechNet.
- The MP does not collect performance data for Exchange 2013.
- The MP does not contain any reports.
Here is what I’ve used in the environment:
- SCOM 2012 SP1 UR2;
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack 15.00.0620.030;
- Windows Server 2012 with latest updates;
- Exchange 2013 CU1 in multitenant mode;