Last week Microsoft released new version of the MP for Visual Studio 2010 TFS and now we have brand new MP for TFS 2012. This new MP is supported for SCOM 2007 SP1 or later. The MP has the same features as for TFS 2010:
- Auto discovery of TFS components
- Implements containment hierarchy, reflecting logical architecture of the Product
- Implements a proper health model using Monitors
- Contains tasks, diagnostic and recovery for certain failures
- Provides events that indicate service outages
- Provides alerts that show configuration issues and connected data source changes
- Verification that all dependent services are running
Remember to read the manual first before implementing it in your environment. I am noticing that the guides that come for these new management packs are a lot more detailed than the old ones. The new ones even include screenshots from the SCOM console when the MP is imported.
Visual Studio 2012 Team Foundation Server MP and guide can be found here.