Visual Studio 2010 Team Foundation Server Monitoring Management Pack was updated to version 126.96.36.199. It is not sure what is updated as the management pack guide still relates to previous version 188.8.131.52. Previous version supported only SCOM 2007 R2 but now on the download page SCOM 2012 is listed also as supported. Lets hope that the guide will be updated soon so we can see the change log from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.
The management pack provides the following features:
- Auto discovery of TFS components
- Implements containment hierarchy, reflecting logical architecture of the Product
- Implements a proper health model using Monitors
- Contains tasks, diagnostic and recovery for certain failures
- Provides events that indicate service outages
- Provides alerts that show configuration issues and connected data source changes
- Verification that all dependent services are running
- Triggers targeted running of BPA against TFS Servers from Operator Console
The MP and the guide can be download from here.
Even though the management pack guide is not updated the instructions there for setting up the MP are still relevant so do not forget to read it first before implementing it in you environment