This just release new version of IBM Hardware MP adds support to monitor IBM System x Servers and Blades and BladeCenter Chassis with System Center Operations Manager 2012. Key features of this MP are:
- Support Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012
- Extensive monitoring of the health of hardware components for IBM System x servers and BladeCenter x86/x64 blades running Windows
- Rich monitoring of the health of BladeCenter chassis and BladeCenter modules via the SNMP protocol
- Comprehensive monitoring of the health of software stacks for managing IBM hardware
- Easy determination of overall system health by the aggregation of hardware health monitors
The following additional features are part of the IBM Upward Integration for Microsoft System Center. Activation licenses can be purchased by contacting your IBM representative or an IBM Business Partner.
- Power Monitoring of UEFI/IMM System X Servers and Blades running Windows 2008 & R2. Offers the ability to monitor overall system power usage, and generates alerts when power consumption rises above predefined consumption thresholds
- BladeCenter and Blade hardware health correlation and event propagation providing BladeCenter specific hardware health condition monitoring under the Windows health explorer view.
- Remote power on and off of Blades Servers via the Operations Manager console.
- Hardware Management Software Configuration Advisor for IBM Systems detects the presence of IBM Hardware MP software dependencies in order to make appropriate configuration recommendations.
- Set custom power consumption thresholds for Power Monitoring alerts via Operations Manager Agent task
- Enable Power Capping and set the maximum power consumption wattage via Operation Manage Agent task
- IBM Hardware Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, v3.2
- User’s Guide
- Release Notes